Thursday, October 21, 2010

Analyzing Student Data in a Spreadsheet

Data / Chart



Analysis
At first glance after calculating each students average it was easy to see what students where doing well in the class and which were not. I then broke the data down into just the students that were performing below the class average score of 192. Looking at the data it was hard to see any improvement through out the year. By tacking the data from the last five tests (6-10) I was able to find an increase in test scores. The students who had performed below the class average had made steady improvements in their final five tests. There was only one student who did not fit into this category, Katherine. Katherine showed a huge improvement on test seven. Then had a huge decrease from test seven to eight. She was able to turn it around and make steady improvements to finish out the year on tests nine and ten. The question I asked myself and would ask Katherine is what was different, if anything, for test seven. My goal would be to figure out if her performance could be replicated so that we could get her above the class average in the future.

My Spreadsheet Link

2 comments:

  1. data and charts look accurate, and analyzing is thorough.

    Only suggestion would be to return to the Sheet3 and drag the columns so they are narrow (thus fitting more into the blog width), as well as dragging the chart corners smaller (in sheet3).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am confused how to size documents from spreadsheets onto my blog. I have noticed other students have made it look like a picture and its very clear. Is it in the code that they used? What can I do?

    ReplyDelete